Seniority

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting (yes sitting) in my garden pulling weeds. I made a slight move to the left but my knee refused to come with me. I felt a sudden pain in my knee and when I stood up I could barely walk because it wouldn't unbend all the way. I managed to get to a Walgreen's and pick up a pair of crutches then went home and looked up "knee pain" on the information super highway aka the Internet. I decided I had twisted my knee and sat around with an ice pack for a while. It began to feel better after a couple of days so I graduated to one crutch then no crutch. Then, I tried to move something with my leg and the pain was back. I then did what I should have done in the first place and called the doctor. After messing with my knee for a little while, it was determined that I had sprained the knee. I was given a RX for giant sized Ibuprofen pills, advised to continue ice therapy and wear a brace Then the doctor said: "it will take a long time to heal because YOU ARE OLDER and as you age your body doesn't recuperate as quickly as when you WERE young". If I would have had the crutches I would have hit him....instead I just gave him the evil eye! I wonder if I am eligible for the senior discount?!

1 Response to "Seniority"

  1. Kathy says:
    June 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM

    Wow, that could really come in handy at restaurants, theme parks and the like! Imagine the possibilities!