La Cucaracha

The other night I was laying on the couch enjoying my pre-bedtime nap. Quite suddenly I was awakened by a very loud meow. It was Marmalade (my cat). Those of you that know her can attest to the fact that she is very vocal, but this was beyond vocal! Again, she let out a shrill, ear piercing meow. She was staring at the ceiling. I could see there was a large dark object up there. I thought it was a moth. Turning up the light for a better look; I could see it was not a moth. It was an enormous, gigantic, humongous sewer roach! GROSS...I intensely dislike these creatures. I killed it. As a reward I let Marmalade play with the dead carcass for a few minutes before I scooped it up and flushed it to its final resting place. Marmalade truly is "The Great Furry Hunter!

2 Response to "La Cucaracha"

  1. Beth says:
    June 12, 2009 at 2:21 PM

    My cat Neil used to bring cockroaches in through the cat door and drop them in front of Ravi (my other cat) to play with. Not good. He is older now (11) and I haven't seen him do that in a while. If I was home, I could always tell when he brought something in the cat door because he would meow (Neil is not usually vocal, unless requesting food). Maybe you should keep an eye on Marmalade when she comes into the house - cats love live toys!

  2. Kathy says:
    June 16, 2009 at 8:42 PM

    Sweet. Way to go Marms! So, didya bring the carcass over to our house to see what Sparkly would do? Good....how gross would that be. I truly do not like CR's!!!