A Very Moving Tale

I moved Thursday. The day before I called the people who were helping me (the ones with the truck and trailer!). We arranged to meet at my apartment at 1:00pm. I thought that was a great time because I wanted to take some stuff to our local thrift store on Thursday morning. Very good plan. So...later that evening I was chatting on the phone with Kathy (I had a Chatty Cathy doll when I was a kid...hmmmm) anyway..sorry for the rabbit trail. It was about 6pm and I was eating dinner..a can of tuna and a cup of leftover and very strong coffee. I know, I know it doesn't sound too good; but remember I am moving and most everything is packed! I was drinking the coffee because it sounded good and I didn't have to get up early for the movers. I very rarely drink coffee in the evening because it keeps me awake. Back to the phone. While I was talking to Kathy the call waiting sound kept beeping. I told Kathy that whoever it was could leave a message. I finished the call and the coffee and then listened to my voicemail. It was Karen. She called to tell me there was a change in the moving plans because Bruce had forgotten he had an appointment at 2pm. The new time was 7:15 am! I instantly regretted drinking that coffee. I now had to accomplish everything I had planned to do the next morning (except the thrift store) that evening. Well, with the help of the caffeine I was able to take care of it all. Now you are probably thinking "so what is the problem?". Well....when I finally went to bed around 11:00pm I was wide awake; unable to sleep. I don't even know why I bothered to try! I think I finally drifted off into slumber around 2am. About 4:30am my cat decided it was time for me to rise and shine...she wouldn't take no for an answer. So, I rose but I refused to shine! After a few minutes my cat went back to sleep-her mission was accomplished! While she slept I loaded my car with a bunch of stuff and waited for 7:15 to roll around. Well, to make a long story a little bit shorter, we got all moved in. My cat had no problem with adjusting to her new environment and didn't cry all night like the last time we moved. I took a really long nap. After my nap; I showed her the backyard (which is huge!) and she immediately laid down in the sun..purring happily. Good kitty. Now the only thing left to do (besides unpacking) is cleaning the apartment. Tommorrow.

1 Response to "A Very Moving Tale"

  1. Kathy says:
    March 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

    Congrat"cat"ulations on your new "mew"ve, Marylee and Marmalade! We'll be by to see you soon!!!