Its Alive

OK, I said I wasn't going to write about politics but...this morning my pastor spoke (in part) about the sanctity of human life. And; as he said; its not a political issue but a moral one! He talked about both the Republican stand and the Democrat stand on the issue. One thing he said impacted me enough to write about it. Now, I may not be able to phrase it in the exact wording the Democrats use in their platform but here is what I heard. If the aborted fetus is (somehow) born alive then the medical staff is obligated to do everything to sustain its life. To me; what the Dems are saying that if the attempt to murder the baby is unsuccessful then they must try to save the child's life. But, they don't call it a baby ..it is considered a mass of cells until it is born. Yes, it is a moral and biblical issue; after all one of the ten commandments is: thou shalt not kill. Life is precious and should be treated that way!

1 Response to "Its Alive"

  1. Elizabeth says:
    September 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM

    I agree, Marylee. Great post! I missed last Sunday because I was sick, but David said it was really good.

    Thanks for the comment. I think my first test with Mr. "Use your Imagination" went well...