The Vacation Chronicles Day 45

On day 44 I wrote about one thing I will miss about this house/pet sitting gig. Today I am writing about the one thing I won't miss. Its not what you think; although I don't know what you think...after all I am not a mind reader! LOL! I will not miss worrying about how Dusty Do Dah is doing. I know, I know, her name is Dusty. But I call her Dusty Do Dah, Dust, Duster, Furry and sometimes I actually call her Dusty! I worried that she wasn't getting enough to eat, or getting too much to eat. I worried that she was getting stressed out from missing Bethany. I worried that I wasn't handling her correctly. I especially worried about her when Marmalade got into Dusty's room and unintentionally frightened her. If you have ever heard a hamster "scream" then you know what I am talking about! The hamster book(which I consulted several times)talked about how bad stress can be on the varmints, so I watched her even more closely after that incident. One time, I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I had forgotten to give Dusty a treat with her food. So, I got up and gave her her favorite(according to Bethany)treat. Cheerios! Being a nocturnal creature, she was up and running on her wheel. I apologized profusely and gave her a few extra Cheerios. Anyway, I think she is doing well, but I know she will be happy to see Bethany!

3 Response to "The Vacation Chronicles Day 45"

  1. Beth says:
    July 4, 2011 at 9:08 AM

    I love animals, but I have noticed that I love some more than others. I never felt sorry for the birds that Neil killed. What the Humane Society calls "critters" are something I'm not very familiar with. A friend of mine has guinea pigs and they just don't seem to DO much. I guess hamsters do a lot, but mostly at night. Bethany will have to enlighten me sometime.

  2. Kathy says:
    July 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM

    We can't wait to see our critters, all of them. As for our critter sitter, can't wait to see her too!!! : ) We hope you'll hang around long enough for us to get in the door and say hi, etc. : )

  3. Mary Lee says:
    July 4, 2011 at 2:41 PM

    I will hang around awhile. We all have stories to tell and it just might take a few days!