The Camping Trip

I have returned. Took my camera....never even got it out! I did take one picture with my phone but neglected to save it! The weather was great. The food was excellent...everything tastes better outside! The company was good too. I made a Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the dutch oven which was incredibly good. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it. The cake and the dutch oven pancakes (dutch babies) are going onto my list of preferred camping recipes! Marmalade was very cat-like upon my return....I was glad because that means she was well taken care of (I knew she would be) and didn't lack for attention. Of course she could have been aloof because she didn't like the aroma of campfire smoke that permeated me and everything else! I had a great time and can't hardly wait until next year's camping trip!

3 Response to "The Camping Trip"

  1. Mari says:
    October 9, 2009 at 9:17 AM

    Sounds like such fun! Now you need to share those recipes!

  2. Kathy says:
    October 9, 2009 at 3:07 PM

    Being the recipient of the great cooking and the camping fun, I would say Mari should indeed receive the recipes! They were great! Fun time had by all!!

  3. mariel says:
    October 17, 2009 at 5:30 PM

    sounds yummy...and easy! going to try them out!