Finally

Imagine if you will...having the building's printer down the hall in another room. Now, picture yourself having to print labels and certificates using that printer. Both of those things require special paper to get the job done. Before they can be printed you must add this special paper to the printer. Then comes the fun part. You have to hurry back to your computer and push print...all the while hoping no one else prints anything; because if they do, it will print on the special paper. This will make both parties print jobs useless. This happens quite often. I have been asking for a printer for my office ever since we moved to this building over a year ago and the Director always said "no". The other day I was once again taking to my Supervisor about this. I said "since all those people retired there has got to be a few printers not being used, how about letting me have one?" She said she would ask the Director. Later that very same day, I received an email telling me I could have a printer!! I immediately emailed her back asking what I had to do to get the printer here. The response was: "come and get it". Before anyone could change their mind; I zoomed down the street and got my printer!! I then went to my Supervisor's office (the Director just happened to be in her office) and thanked them a bunch. Now everyone wants their own printer!!

4 Response to "Finally"

  1. Mari says:
    July 10, 2009 at 6:36 AM

    How wonderful! I do know what you are talking about. We have a printer at our nurses station, but other peoples computers are connected to it. We use special paper for the med and treatment sheets, and it seems to happen frequently that I load that paper in it, and before I can get my stuff printing, someone else is printing something. As you said - it's no good for either of us then!

  2. Kathy says:
    July 10, 2009 at 8:25 AM

    Congrats Mary Lee. That's awesome!

  3. Kathy says:
    July 12, 2009 at 5:48 PM

    For the written record, we missed you this morning. Course you already know that since you and I have talked, but ....still! We did. Glad you enjoyed a needed quiet morning.

  4. Kathy says:
    July 15, 2009 at 11:16 PM

    No pressure, but.....ahem!!! Thoughts, words, ideas, pictures, photo ops for Marmemlade? Missing your posts. Now that your sink is clean(er), type on!