I am Sensing a Pattern

I noticed something early this morning. Every Sunday night I go to bed; sleep a couple of hours and wake up unable to go back to sleep. Finally; about 3am I give up trying and get up. While I am laying there I find myself thinking about Monday. Monday is chemo day followed by radiation. I think about how it is going to make me feel; knowing I will be dragging myself around by the scruff of the neck for 3 or 4 days and of course that makes me a bit depressed. This week I also thought about something my radiation team said to me on Friday. They said the doctor will be meeting with me on Monday and may recommend some boosters....meaning additional treatments. I was rather discouraged to hear this and found myself sinking into the abyss. But.....just before I got up I was reminded of my "theme song"...don't give up, don't give in, don't give up, don't give in. I got up and thanked God for the path He has given me to walk and the grace to walk it!

3 Response to "I am Sensing a Pattern"

  1. Susan says:
    September 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

    You are, you will. Wish we were there talking your ears off like we were a year ago :o(

  2. Kathy says:
    September 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM

    I think you're mighty amazing!

  3. Danny Wright says:
    June 27, 2014 at 9:21 AM

    Goodbye my dear sister. You will be missed so much in this house. Will be seeing you soon.