The Vacation Chronicles Day 3

Wow its day 3 already...only 42 more to go! This morning I didn't have to sit in the hall between two cats. I only had to stand, point fingers at both and say "be nice". Apparently they understood this because neither one chased the other one through the house. Progress! There was one incident where they tried to see who could be the expanding fur queen. I think Marmalade won that contest. Before I went to work I secured S. Dodah in her plush accommodations, coaxed Lady outside and left Marmalade sleeping on the couch. Of course Dusty was all snug in her cage behind a closed door. Of course I worried about the cats all day. I shouldn't have worried though. I came home to Marmalade lounging on the kitchen floor. When I let Sparky out; Marmalade tried to rub her head on S. Dodah. Sparky then voiced a loud opinion regarding this. Then a few minutes later they were both in the living room...NOT having a staring contest! As I write this, Dodah is sunning herself on the living room windowsill and Marmalade is...brace yourself...asleep on the dining room table. Lady seems to be relieved that all of Marm's attention is not on her! Dusty is sleeping peacefully.

4 Response to "The Vacation Chronicles Day 3"

  1. Kathy says:
    May 27, 2011 at 7:00 AM

    Of COURSE I read it! So highly entertained, I had to get on to the next day!!! : ) Headed back up to day 5&6. : )

  2. Susan says:
    May 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM

    Reading and enjoying these light moments that I needed so badly. Thank you!!!

  3. Mary Lee says:
    May 27, 2011 at 8:01 PM

    The table seems to be Marmalade's favorite spot. Fear not, I will disinfect it before you get home!

  4. Danny Wright says:
    May 31, 2011 at 7:51 AM

    By it to you mean the cat or the table?