Its My Turn

On the 4th Sunday of each month I "teach" Sunday School to the 1st and 2nd graders. Today is my turn. The lessons are come in a kit with everything the instructor needs. I usually follow the lesson plan and occasionally add my own twist to it. It is pretty easy and straight forward. This week as I was reviewing the lesson I almost fell asleep! It was BORING! No, the Bible isn't boring...just this particular lesson. So I decided to do something completely different (shhh..don't tell Reverend Roy). I figured since Thanksgiving is almost here I would teach about that. I found a "kid friendly" Thanksgiving story, Bible verses about thankfulness, a fun craft, I thought up a goofy game AND we are doing the Hokey Pokey turkey version. You put your right wing in.... It should be interesting.

4 Response to "Its My Turn"

  1. Mari says:
    November 22, 2009 at 8:37 AM

    I had to change up a lesson from time to time too. Sometimes you wonder what the people who write those books are thinking! Hope it went well!

  2. Sharon says:
    November 22, 2009 at 1:39 PM

    That sounds like so much fun! I wish I had been there. Good job, Mary Lee!

  3. Kathy says:
    November 22, 2009 at 7:11 PM

    Thank you for all you do, Mary Lee. It is and was worth it! : )

  4. Danny Wright says:
    December 1, 2009 at 10:56 PM

    I'm so glad you did that. I don't like those kits and never taught by them, oh... and Roy approved. I assume the children liked it better. I have to assume because you don't tell us.