Like a Stuffed Turkey

As I lay awake last night unable to breathe, thus unable to sleep, (no, it wasn't the nerve thingy) it was due to intense congestion, I started thinking about a solution to this problem. Of course my cat was very happy that I was awake...I think she thought she was going to get an additional feeding...NOT! I thought to myself; I need a "Breath Right" strip! Then I started thinking about the television commercial for the above mentioned product. I am sure you have seen it. The inventor talks about ways he tried to open his nasal passages. He mentioned using padded paper clips (sounds odd) and straws (sounds gross). Of course then I am envisioning straws in the nose! He probably looked like a walrus or something. Then I wondered how anyone could possibly sleep with straws stuck in their nose..yuck! Well, anyway he figured out the remedy was to put something on the outside of his nose and...ta da! "Breath Right" strips were invented. So, now its about 1:30am and I'm thinking I should get up and go to Circle K and get them. Instead, I tried putting a band aid on my nose (this doesn't work people), so instead of sleeping, I am now fully awake and playing BINGO on my computer. I felt like a stuffed turkey!! Right around 3:00am I thought...I have to get up in 2 hours, and I went back to bed. I think I dozed off about 10 minutes before my alarm went off! So, after about 5 cups of coffee (not really...just one so far) I am ready to face the day. I am positive I will have no problem sleeping tonight...with or without "Breath Right" strips!

2 Response to "Like a Stuffed Turkey"

  1. B says:
    February 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM

    Hi, Mary Lee
    Thanks for stopping by B'z Place. I was laughing so hard at your description of that guy with straws up his nose! Funny thing is, that when I get a runny nose and can't sleep, I stuff a kleenex up my nose, with most of it hanging out, so I probably look somewhat like a walrus myself. lol Hubs thinks it's terribly gross, but, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get some sleep, right?! Hope your day goes better than your night last night. :)

  2. Kathy says:
    February 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM

    That is hilharious. Yeh, sometimes subs just won't work!