More on Passion

Last week, Arizona lost two TV news helicopter pilots and their photographers in a tragic accident. Then, later that same day a Phoenix Police Officer was killed in the line of duty. The community came together to honor these men. There were memorials set up at the crash site, at the TV stations and at the location where the Police Officer lost his life. The families of the pilots and photographers generously gave the money from the memorial bank accounts to the widow and sons of the slain Officer. The memorial services were televised and I watched all or part of all of them. I just finished watching the last one. They all said the same thing about these guys...they died doing what they loved doing. They were passionate about their work, their families and their friends. They lived each day to the fullest. I am writing this because in my previous post I wrote about passion etc...The death of these five guys got me to thinking about how I/we live life. It inspired me to be the best I can be in whatever God has for me to do. To dive head-first into life. Whether it be at work, school, church, at home or with friends and family. I don't know if this will look different outwardly; but I know it has made an impact internally. Lets all discover our passion and live it!!

1 Response to "More on Passion"

  1. Danny Wright says:
    August 20, 2007 at 9:55 PM

    I read this a long time ago, but I thought I'd leave a comment. It's always good to be inspired to live a better life I think. Sometimes I think rather than be inspired by someone else's success, we can be discouraged because everyone else is out there doing stuff, and here I am sitting at home not able to anything. I must confess that before I was a Christian this was often my take. Now I'm glad to be challenged, need it even by movies like Facing the Giants, and Eden String Quartet, or people like Groothuis. Different people inspire me to be better at all kinds of different things. I think its good in the midst of this tragedy, that you were inspired to live a better life.